Do you have an open spot in your smile? Have you lost your teeth or are faced with an extraction and need a replacement option? If so, dental implants in Lake Worth, FL from Healthy Dental Expressions is the choice for you.
What Are Dental Implants?
Many people think that dental implants are replacement teeth. Dental implants are not replacement teeth but rather replacement tooth roots. This means they are what a replacement tooth will be affixed to. Your replacement tooth is actually a solid crown that is custom made to fit into your smile. It also could be a bridge that is used to replace several teeth, or even dentures to help you replace your whole smile. There are many ways dental implants can help your smile. The most important thing to know is that dental implants are the base that holds any of those options steady in your mouth.
Dental Implant Applications
- Single Tooth With Crown – The most common of the many uses for dental implants, a single tooth replacement uses a single dental implant to replace a single natural tooth. This will allow you to replace a tooth without affecting other healthy teeth in your smile.
- Implant-Supported Bridge – For patients missing three or more teeth, implant-supported bridges let you fill that gap with a bridge of replacement teeth with the stability of dental implants. No matter what you are doing, your dental bridge will remain secure inside your mouth with the help of dental implants from Dr. Suarez.
- Implant-Supported Denture – This option combines dentures (a tooth replacement option that replaces a whole arch of teeth) with dental implants to help you replace many or all teeth without using a dental implant for every missing tooth. Dr. Suarez will place dental implants in your mouth and affix a bar to the top of the dental implants. The denture is attached to the bar, and you no longer have to worry about your denture performing any differently than your real teeth did.
- All-on-4 – The All-on-4 method is a way for Dr. Suarez to replace all of your teeth through the use of only four dental implants. Because two implants are placed at an angle, the All-on-4 restoration is incredibly stable and does not cover your palate. The full dental restoration is custom made for you and will give you back the smile you lost with your real teeth.
- All-on-6 – This is basically the same as All-on-4 but with two additional dental implants. Your specific situation will dictate which one is used, and Dr. Suarez will go over everything with you to help you make the best decision possible for your smile.
Benefits Of Dental Implants
- Stability – Dental implant is unique in their ability to bond with your dental bone. This is called osseointegration and is what makes implants the most stable tooth replacement option available.
- Improved Bone Health – Dental implant fill the void left from your real teeth and will protect your dental bone against deteriorating over time. Protect your bone structure and facial structure with help from dental implants.
- Longevity – The first set of titanium dental implant was placed in 1965. That first set lasted for 40 years. With proper care, modern implants can last a lifetime.
If you want to transform your smile’s appearance and solve your problems due to lost teeth, dental implant is the choice for you. Call our office today at 561-877-3673 to schedule your appointment. You can use our online form to schedule your appointment also.